Divines make lvl 3… duke it out with harpy joe and a rat swarm. – and meet the sage of Solace…
So you get to the sage of Solace.. He is a Deva.. a airy and spacey guy… Thanks you for the items from the ancient gardener. You see immediately that he has packed everything he owns in a wagon. He has 10 or so henchmen traveling with him. The Sage pretold of your defeat of harpy Joe. So they awaited your arrival. But he must leave immediately. He has been summoned to court for the first time in 70 years. He gives you 2 books and he leaves a mirror. The mirror is large, and is a means to communicate- a Mirror of Sending… will allow you to ask the sage questions if you get stuck on your quest. The mirror will work for one month, then will lose power.
The Sage wlecomes you to eat the food prepared and sleep in the made beds, but he is off to the king.
The 2 books are How I did it – by C.C.Neely, and “Neely’s if Innverness” by Heinrich Neely.
Clan Neely and the Dioceses of Innvernesse. – By Heinrich Neely
1. Book is best described as a high gloss family primer and picture book. The Bulk of it concerns the births, marriages and deaths of the Neely Clan. When the lord of Neely was decorated by the King and asked for a boon, Neely selected a lordship in the frontier. The family seat was a fief called Inverness, located at the Orr River. The dioceses of Inverness was a total of 6 knighted estates, built with help by the king of Brind’amor, to civilize the frontier and try and tame the evil denizens of the lands. – The knights are still active? (written in sidebar). Just a few items of interest…
- Clan Neely represented Brind’Amor in the battle of Twelig Field. Where Krivil Neely won the flower of silver battle.
- Victa Neely was first woman leader of Brind Church
- Constance Neely slays the Orator of GlenVinis (begins long feud between Oracle and Sons of Brind).
- Angdango Neely wins silver laurels at Champion feast of Solace.
- Dolcent Neely becomes Exchecker of the King
2. Highlighted – Many years ago (no confirmed date is written in the book) Camcarl Neely was the last Guardian Invoker of the Hygal- some sort of army squad of the eastern pass, organized out of Brind.
3. When Camcarl retired to his Orr estate to write his memoirs, he brought with him the Hygal sigil. There is no reference to this item’s use or significance.. but the sage has left his mark on a page, with the words “brought with him the Hygal sigil” written in the side bar.
4. The frontiers of Brind’amor become tamed. The Estates become backwoods hunting lodges (and remain so today). The Family History ends when Heinrich Neely sells the last family estate to an oracle missionary, and moves the last vestiges of the Clan to the outskirts of Brind where they become successful merchants.
bound with a hand written note -
Worshipers of Erathis- I was given this tome many lives ago. I have protected it for you. I hope it helps you understand your task. AThe Mission of Brind Cathedral has a complete tome of this work, if you deem it needed, the librarian of that place is Misha Kent, was once my student, and this ruined version of the book might be helpful to him.
How I did it, by C.C. Neely-
1. The book itself is in very rough shape with many missing sections. You see incomplete evidence of deep knowledge of the Verastorm, with references to rituals the party has witnessed and diagrams of the chaos temple’s features that are very credible.
2. The book speaks of the Magi of Hygal as a secret squad of Divine heroes that defended the Hygal pass from the alien demons that seek to escape the Abyss into Yurenth.
3. The book refers to Verastorm Chaos Temple as a place where great evil tidings pass, and where the throne of Fael must be secured until it can be returned ‘underhill’.
4. The book refers to Chaos taints and a chained abyssal as the dire enemies of Hygal, and are trying to get through the portal.
5. Camcarl’s (C.C.) squad utilizes the throne of Fael to create protections so strong that the council of Hygal retires and Camcarl writes this memoir.